Enhancing our education through practical investment experience.
The University of Oregon Investment Group (UOIG) aims to provide students with the opportunity to participate in the operation of an investment management organization. Our overall mission is to enhance our members’ education through learning in-depth equity research processes, valuation techniques, portfolio management, and market analysis. Additionally, the UOIG serves as a unique and valuable opportunity for students to gain leadership experience, work within a team in a goal-oriented environment, and improve their communication, presentation, and public speaking skills. Through utilizing tactics of fundamental equity valuation, actively managing three portfolios, and taking several educational trips throughout the year, the UOIG gives its members an extremely valuable and unique opportunity. Additionally, with a strong alumni network and generous support from both private investors and faculty, many students are able to leverage this experience within their careers and within the job seeking process.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us through our online message form or via email at email@example.com.
What We've Achieved
- Consistent outperformance of the public equity markets
- Job placement in top-tier financial institutions
- Implementation of advanced equity valuation theory
- Professional and academic development
- Extensive networking and academic opportunities
- Annual trip to New York for educational and professional purposes
- Mentorship programs for members